Battle of the Middles
Charity Basketball Game
Friday, December 14, 2018 6:30 PM
Click HERE for Info
Calling ALL Optimists and Junior Optimists
Caroling at Evergreen Health and Living Center
Sunday, December 23, 2018 2:15 PM
Click HERE for Info
Who We Are
The Optimist Club of Farmington & Farmington Hills, Michigan is a voluntary organization of civic-minded men and women banded together for progressive thought and action in community service. Our membership is composed of citizens drawn from business, industry, government and other professions. Our members are motivated by their desire to contribute to the community in which they and their families draw daily benefits. There is no greater opportunity for participation in community affairs and community service than in an Optimist Club.
Farmington/Farmington Hills Breakfast Optimist Club
P.O. Box 2203
Farmington Hills, MI 48333
Check us out on Facebook @FarmingtonFarmingtonHillsBreakfastOptimistClub
1) Respect for Law
2) Respect for Fire
3) Veterans Breakfast
4) PTA Dinner
5) Principal Breakfast
4) Chili Cookoff
5) Barrie’s Squares
1) Jr. Optimist
2) Jr. Naturalist
3) Project Fish (Gone Fishin')
1) Dyslexia/Reading Disabilities
2) Nathan Jamil Foundation
1) Installation Dinner
2) Holiday Musical
1) Founders Parade
2) Farmington Parade
3) Family Campout
4) Golf Outing
5) Farmington Business Expo
6) NOW Events
7) Quarterly Evening Meetings
9) Childhood Cancer Campaign
1) Farmington Goodfellows
2) Friends of the Library
3) Turn Around Awards
4) Miss Farmington
5) Farmington Special Olympics
6) School All Night Parties
7) Neighborhood House
8) Chamber of Commerce
9) FPS At Risk Program
10) School PTA’s
11) Education Foundation
12) Youth Back Pack Program
13) Student Assistance Program
Our club is part of Optimist International, recognized worldwide as an organization of people committed to optimism and self-development for the improvement of youth and community.
Here are some fast facts about Optimist International:
- Founded: June 19, 1919
- First Club: Buffalo, New York, 1911
- Clubs Today: 3,500
- Membership: 114,000 (as of 7/31/02)
- Service: 6,000,000 young people served each year; 65,000 service projects conducted annually; $78,000,000 spent annually on community service projects
The Optimist Creed
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Please consider joining us in membership.
Club Membership Fees:
- Annual fee is $100 which can be paid in lump sum or $25 per quarter
- Same fee for new members (Club will pay the $15 joiner fee as incentive)
- All members will be considered a full member of the Club.
- Existing Friend Of Optimist members will transition to full members on their anniversary date of joining.
Breakfast meeting options:
- Members may elect to “pay ahead for the entire quarter” at a total cost of $75 (per quarter).
This will allow the member to attend every meeting and enjoy a wonderful breakfast.
- Or, Members may elect to “pay per breakfast” at a cost of $10 per breakfast.
This may be paid to the raffle organizer the morning of the breakfast.
- Or, Members can have coffee, tea, water and juice without a breakfast meal.
Everyone is welcome attend to our morning gatherings every week except the first week of the month.
Speakers will be listed on the calendar of this website: Optimists Calendar