Farmington - Farmington Hills Optimist Club
We just wanted to remind you that this Saturday, the F2H Optimists and Junior Optimists will have a float in the parade promoting our groups, and the upcoming Project F.I.S.H. program. Here are some things you'll need to know:
1. We are asking everyone who plans to be at the parade and/or either of the Project F.I.S.H. programs the following Saturday, to register online at this link: http://www.eventbrite.com/org/518353250?s=1891194. This is NOT a registration program for participants in the class. This is strictly for our volunteers. It's a new system we are trying out that allows us to get a head count and also email volunteers who have regiistered. There's even a link to add the events to your desktop calendar or smartphone. If you are bringing more than one person, just change the quantity of "tickets" to the appropriate number. So far we have about 10 Junior Optimists signed up, but no Optimist members have registered to participate in the parade or Project FISH yet. I know several of you have told me you will be there, but please register at the link above so we can keep track easily.
2. The parade float will be staging in the Big Lots parking lot on Mooney Street in Farmington. Grand River will close at 8:30am, so do your best to arrive before then. We will be decorating our pontoon boat at 8:30 with "fish" that the Junior Optimists recently made as a craft project. We have 10 fishing rods that were donated, and a few extras if needed. The kids will be taking turns walking with fishing rods, and handing out flyers and candy.
3. The theme of the parade this year is the beach. So that fits in well with our fishing theme for our float. If you have a fishing hat, vest or basket, those would be great to wear on Saturday. If your child is a junior Optimist walking in the parade, and does not yet have a Junior Optimist T-shirt, I will have them later today. Just drop me a line and let me know the size and we'll meet up somewhere, some way.
4. Parents are welcome to walk with us. We are more or less in the middle of the parade (which starts at 10am). If you are not walking with us, please plan to pick up your child at Thayer Rock Funeral Home, which is at the end of the parade route just west of Farmington Road on Grand River Avenue. We should reach that point at about 10:45am. My cell# is 248-867-3114. Please make note of it and call me if we are having trouble finding each other at the end of the parade.
5. Stay tuned to your inbox for updates between now and Saturday morning!
Change or update your F2H Optimist Club eNewsletter preferences:
© 2010 Farmington - Farmington Hills Optimist Club www.f2hoptimists.org
Change your subscription